Thursday, September 3, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

This blog began as an ongoing class project for my interactive media course. The first assignment was to come up with a blog idea. Then we had to share 3 blogs we enjoyed.

Seeing as how this post will be deleted and forgotten over time I would like to enlighten those who are so lucky to read this with knowledge bombs. Here's one for your mindsicles!

There are tons of blogs out there but I'm going to share with you the first three that I personally enjoy reading. Keep in mind that my ego is so inflated that the only writing I care to read is my own but through my own charity I will allow these lowly blogs to briefly enter my realm of optimistic posts.

1.) http://yewshouldknow.tumblr.com/


This is the blog of my personal friend that I've had since 1st grade who recently got hired to write for an advertising company that sends him around the world to interview CEOs and then write about it for the Japan Times to sell ad space. He got the job because of this blog right here. It's short and sweet like a caramel-covered Danny Devito which is great for someone with a limited attention span for things that suck (fortunately this blog does not suck). The musical tastes are questionable but because of this I'm introduced to new artists that I would have otherwise not known about. If you're looking for short quips and a myriad of musicians then come here.

2.) http://thesocialsecrets.com/


Another biased selection comes from my fellow dating coach (seen on the left with New York Times best-selling-author Neil Strauss) and friend who writes about his personal endeavors around the world. There's some insightful information about social dynamics, dating, his life, and advertisements for some service or product. The reason I enjoy reading this blog is not because he's my friend but because I understand it. I know that what he writes about has truth to it because I know him personally and his actions are an example of the insights he provides to his readers. Not to mention that he gets $.10 for every visitor that checks out his page. Thanks, Professor Drennan, for the donation!

3.) http://www.heyolivia.com/


Lastly, is a blog by Olivia Munn. Although the image I project to the world can change from time to time, one thing is for certain. I am still a nerd because I know what this means: "L337 HAX0RZ! ROFLMAO!1!11!1". That's all you need to know about my nerdy ways. Frankly, I read more articles than I do blogs and if I had to choose out of the bunch then this is it. Olivia Munn is a pretty, witty, and nerdy girl. She speaks to the heart of my Starcraft-loving soul. The language she speaks is more familiar to me than male genitalia and camcorders are to Paris Hilton. Talk about BFF! When I'm not being too cool for school I occasionally take a gander at this nice piece of blog.



So there you have it. These are my top three blogs. As I was unintentionally daydreaming during class I began to think about a unique blog that I could consistently write without feeling like a child factory worker from China each time I sat in front of the computer. Then it hit me! I'm going to write about the bright side of any negative person, place, or thing. Hence the name, "The Bright Side Up".

Ugh, I won't get any sleep for tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment